The latest thing in trading is to look and see what Nancy Pelosi, among others, are trading. She is a notorious options trader and some of the trades are interesting timing and structure. The use of DITM (deep in the money) options is curious.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband have purchased millions of dollars in call options in several technology stocks, including Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Roblox (NYSE:RBLX) and Disney (NYSE:DIS), according to CongressTrading.com, a database that keeps track of lawmaker’s stock trades.
- In addition, Pelosi and her husband, Paul, who runs Financial Leasing Services, a real estate and venture capital investment and consulting firm, also purchased call options in Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) and Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM).
- The purchases were made between December 17 and December 21.
- The Salesforce.com (CRM) and the Google (GOOGL) purchases were the most expensive, according to the database, costing between $500,001 and $1 million. The other acquisitions were between $250,001 and $500,000.
- Pelosi has come under fire for the trades in the past, but has defended them, most recently saying earlier this month that this is a “free market economy” and lawmakers “should be able to participate in that.”
- Hedge fund manager Dan Niles recently said that Google (GOOGL), along with Meta Platforms (NASDAQ:FB) and General Motors (NYSE:GM) were his top stock picks for 2022.